<data:blog.pageTitle/> <data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
Home
Salad Bar Adventures: The Green Bar



I was struck with a salad craving the moment I laid eyes on this picture of a beautiful bowl of greens my friend took when she went rabbit food scavenging. I made a lot of noise about wanting to go, so off we go together on this day! Vegetables!!




At The Green Bar, you can choose from a menu of their pre-mixed salad combinations or you can choose to be adventurous and DIY your own salad bowl. 

The foodie partner decided to be adventurous and chose to DIY. 
For $7.90, you can create your own salad with either 6 main toppings or 4 main toppings and 1 carbo load.
If you don't think that's enough to satisfy your tummy, you can always add on other items.  
Oh, when you DIY, you get to choose your own salad dressing too! How exciting! 

The partner chose the latter, and she had a mixture of broccoli, sweet corn, crisp greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grilled chicken and chilli crab farfalle. The salad is topped with shavings of freshly grated parmesan, a drizzle of lemon and olive oil. 



I picked their signature salad design - Smoked Duck Surprise ($11.90)
The salad came in a really rustic wooden bowl, laden with smoked duck with roasted pumpkin and rosemary potatoes on a bed of crisp greens drizzled with vinaigrette and olive oil, and a dash of freshly grated parmesan. I also opted for an additional carbo load of pesto fusilli. Oh yum yum in my tummy.. just the sound of it is making my stomach growl. 

The greens were really fresh and crisp, smoked duck slices were huge. The roasted pumpkin tasted mildly sweet and the rosemary potatoes were slightly charred on the outside yet soft and fluffy on the inside. The pesto fusilli added a nice touch of chewiness to the whole salad. The portions were really generous, and the salad dressing really brought the flavour to a whole new level. 


Although eating healthy is a rather pricey choice in Singapore, I think The Green Bar has captured my heart and I would willingly go back for more of their green goodness. 


Verdict: 4/5




The Green Bar
Millenia Walk, 
9 Raffles Boulevard #01-91B 
Tel 6336 0780.

Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post

ABOUT ME


"The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating it." Hi! My name is Sarahh and I love to eat. Hop on to my blog for an exciting journey with me.

CONTACT


Email:dream-oracle@hotmail.com

Subscribe via RSS Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to Flickr Facebook Subscribe to Tumblr

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Curiouser and Curiouser ?

ADS

The Besty

Search

Archives

Copyright

Creative Commons License
All work on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.